Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 18th, 2011

I can not believe I leave tomorrow. I’m not real happy about it.  There are plenty of things I am looking forward to when I get home, but the idea of finding a job and moving sounds like too much of a hassle- especially after getting used to the easy and relaxed way of life around here.  I’m definitely excited for this next chapter of my life, but I think vacationing and traveling the world for the rest of my life sounds much better haha.  I don’t think my parents would be too thrilled if I ditched my plane so I will be back in the states on Saturday. J

I went on an awesome adventure the other day.  Samuel, Josiah (just graduated form high school, spending 6 months out here with one of the families), and I hiked to the top of the highest mountain right near the compound.  There are a few families living up there, and a few young boys were our tour guides for a while.  The kids absolutely loved hanging out with us!  We ran across a man that spoke some English and he led us to the river where they get their water and to a church.  I’d say this is one of the coolest churches in Togo because it has an incredible view, overlooking Tsiko and Adeta.  Instead of taking the trail back down we (well, mostly I… it took a little convincing them) went straight down the side of the mountain.  We met a farmer working in his corn field and eventually (he really tried convincing us to go back to the trail) he pointed us to a goat trail of sorts.  It was pretty strenuous and we got plenty cut up and attacked by ants, but it was a ton of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment